YOLO= you only live once (Jenni's contribution to the name of this blog) Elder Brown is only living once (for 2 years) in the beautiful West Indies, sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with the good people there.

Monday, June 3, 2013

I feel your prayers

Wow I got a ton of emails and updates today! I also wrote a ton of things I forgot to email so I have a lot to say. But first off I want to say I am glad to see I have a new niece named Kate! I love all these emails I got and if it keeps up this way (Let's hope so!) please don't be offended if I don't email you back for a week or two because I only have one hour on the computer each time. So here are some updates! I always forget and feel so guilty but I need to publicly thank my wonderful sister in law Jessica for this amazing journal I have. I write every day so thank you Jessica! I have also felt a lot of hard times on my mission but I can undoubtedly feel the love and prayers from my ward and family both close and extended and great friends too. I can feel how proud all of you are of me. Our land lord lives behind us and man is he funny! Paul read what he says in the "Richard Parker" voice but not as heavy into it. He refers to me as Dr. Pepper because I love drinking it and drink it with him sometimes. He never heard of it till I got him one. He is hilarious! We caught some kittens that live around our house and I said "Catching cats are fun!" He always says that in his indian voice to me. I think about Jaydon and Gavin and Nikki and Shawn a lot too! (Amazing nephews and sister and brother in law) I have told some pretty funny Jaydon and Gavin stories! Also you would not believe how many times I use my Plan of Happiness book that is for kids. Everyone loves it! Also before I forget I am getting a new companion. A white guy from New Mexico! Elder Glaicier will be here in a few days but I never met him so I am excited. I will be leading Diamond Guyana so it's scary and fun. Please pray for me in that. I realize how much I miss seminary and institute too. If you are taking seminary and reading get to know the scripture masteries! They are the best! I am glad to see Jakelle got an honorary diploma. Mesa, Arizona makes me proud! I also found out the Jim Jones Kool Aid thing was here in Guyana so I won't drink Kool Aid from just anyone. Also I hear some people eat cow brains. I will pass on that. I had an amazing spiritual prompting to go and teach this amazing family who are part active in church and part inactive. The wife teaches the second class in church and she is awesome! I felt a prompting to go and show them the Plan of Salvation kid's book for a family night and she went on to tell me how her sister got into a really bad car accident that morning. I gave a really good blessing. I love the Sweatnam family so much. I will miss them so much when I leave Diamond. Her older son who is probably my age talked about old school Nintendo games for like 2 hours last night! They are making us pizza tonight and it sounds so good! Sad news though would be that one of our baptism dates is moved to November because she won't be 18 till then and her mom forbids it till she is 18. A few weeks ago I got handed a bag of sugar cane and one kid asked if he could have one. I let him then tons of kids ran and took litterally half the bag! I only needed one cane but man they were like drug addicts to the sugar cane! So I think about the Walking Dead and Breaking Bad out here a lot more than I should (You should all know not to spoil the last 8 episodes for me when they get aired) but I was thinking about how AMC makes the best shows. I think they need to make a Book Of Mormon show. I honestly think they would do amazing on it. I can imagine Ammon cutting off the arms already! Also what happened to Amanda Bynes? DUI? I heard about her but not sure what happened. These girls who didn't know they were baptized in our church said that Ke$ha died. Almost out of time so I gotta be quick. Also to all my mission buddies I imagine us as the Sons of Mosiah. I was reading about it and how we are all around the world. It's so cool! I don't want to sound trunky but when I get home I want In N Out Burger with a large Dr. Pepper!
Out of time but till next week! I love you all and I will pray for all of you as you all pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment