YOLO= you only live once (Jenni's contribution to the name of this blog) Elder Brown is only living once (for 2 years) in the beautiful West Indies, sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with the good people there.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Magic Tricks

Not much new this week. I think it is funny that I understand the people here really well now but they can sometimes have a hard time understanding me. Oh how the tables have turned. Sometimes I get phone calls from random people asking for the last Elder in the area since he left unexpectedly. These people asked who they were talking to on the phone. "This is Elder Brown. What can I help you with?" They could not understand me too well. "Aubrey Brown?" "No this is ELDER BROWN. What can I do to help you?" They called about 5 times and just hung up each time because they got confused. Something I find funny is that all the Caribbeans love anime here. Our new branch mission leader invited us over to come watch this really cool Yu-Gi-Oh! movie. We had to decline but my companion will probably watch it in a few weeks. So almost every day I ride my bike past these kids who chase us down the street asking for magic tricks. I did the one where you pull your thumb off but they always say "NO! YOU DIDN'T REALLY PULL IT OFF!" They all try to imitate it but are unable to do so. I did a trick with my tie that most Elders probably know where you blow on it and it shrivels up. One kid yelled "Take your head off and put it on backwards!" I am concerned by that kid's imagination. I would be freaked out to see that. If anyone knows how to do that please let me know. Not much is new this week. Just still trying to get to know the area. I am trying to get my mini missionary companion to learn the lessons. We are having a lot of fun out here!
Not much left to say so I will talk to you all next week!
-Elder Brown

1 comment:

  1. Oh how he makes me laugh! He looks and sounds so good! What a great missionary he is!

    ReplyDelete