YOLO= you only live once (Jenni's contribution to the name of this blog) Elder Brown is only living once (for 2 years) in the beautiful West Indies, sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with the good people there.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day callI

Oh man it was great seeing family yesterday! I was on a bit longer than I was supposed to be so I guess I probably need to repent of that. Nieces and Nephews are huge now! Chance didn't want to talk to me because he said "No! I am nervous!" I have one more Skype call in 7 months for Christmas. By then I will have only 4 months left on my mission. I just hit 13 months the other day so it's flying by really fast! I am scared to get home. I just want to be here forever! A mission really is a once in a life time experience. It's not the same if you get married and go. The Senior Couple here can go scuba diving and stuff. It feels so nice being tempted to swim. Well this week we had a few laughs. I have my awesome "Great Plan of Happiness" book that I got just before I got on my mission. It's really good! There is one part talking about agency and how we must use it right. It has a part where a kid hits a baseball through a window and is tempted to run away with his friends. We shared that book with a less active member and right as I say that these kids playing Crickett across the street hit the ball and it hit a car that drove by at perfect timing. I saw the kids and they were so scared. A lot of them started to run but the car reversed and it was a tennis ball so they just told the kids to be careful. It was the most ironic moment ever. This week we also tried teaching a Rasta man who actually is there in his head. He believe Salaci I is the King of Kings though. Elder Bingham said "Everyone has the Light of Christ in them. But for you Peeli I guess you would call it the Light of Salaci I." It's funny because he totally agreed though. We have been struggling to get people to church especially with Carnival season going on. People will avoid us so they don't have to feel as guilty. One lady saw me and just walked in her house and ignored me. We did get one person at church though. His name is Roy and he is always drunk. He came in about half way through Sacrament Meeting and talked loud to me during the talks. He was drunk and left right after the meeting was over. It sure was interesting. Also we got a media referral! Those apparently are the most successful things ever. The person actually requests that missionaries come see them. We don't really have addresses here in the Caribbean so it's hard to find the person. We have tried calling this girl day after day. Sent text messages but her phone rings through so we can't leave a message. We are trying really hard to get to meet with her. Anyways being a District Leader is awesome! I love giving nightly calls! I bond with the District and we are going to all cook some curry today. I will be the curry chef and king today. Each nightly call I do I have a question of the night where the Elders will vote on something. I do things like Charizard or Blastoise, Blondes or Brunettes, Caramel or Fudge. It's really nice. Well that's about all for my week but I love you all and will see you around!




I got to meet Baby Blaire for 1st time

No comments:

Post a Comment