YOLO= you only live once (Jenni's contribution to the name of this blog) Elder Brown is only living once (for 2 years) in the beautiful West Indies, sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with the good people there.

Friday, October 18, 2013

6 Months Mark!

Well I got my new companion this week! Elder Egbert is a pretty awesome guy! He is 18 and I am almost 20 so I feel really old. We have just been working hard and been working with referrals and people just right around us. We are getting a lot done even in a close range and haven't even scratched the surface of how big our area is. He has a girlfriend who is 5 years older than him which I think is kinda funny. He is such a cool guy and a hard worker. He has only been out for 3 months too! Anyways we had a tiny earthquake this week but you could barely feel it. Elder Egbert was kneeling down writing in his journal and I was in my hammock writing in mine so he felt it really really soft but I didn't. I missed out! Also this Hindu man prayed for us. He just kinda hummed a song. No words or anything. I found a funny thing to say while teaching to lighten the mood. I ask if they know any prophets and if they don't a ask if they know the guy who put 2 of every animal on the ark. James? Kevin? No uhhh..... It was no uh..... "Noah?" says the investigator. "Yeah him!" Anyways we have been working hard and already are extending baptism dates! We have a goal to baptize 5 people this transfer! Also I don't want to beg but my birthday is coming up and I would love letters from people who haven't mailed me yet :) I need addresses so I can write everyone. I am sending a letter a week now to one random person a week.
-Elder Brown
P.S. We had a great zone conference yesterday! We are excited to work hard!

Elder Watson & I at Zone Conference

Tough guys (Elder Fiame)

No comments:

Post a Comment