YOLO= you only live once (Jenni's contribution to the name of this blog) Elder Brown is only living once (for 2 years) in the beautiful West Indies, sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with the good people there.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hello St. Vincent

Oh man I am in St. Vincent now! (if you missed last weeks, read that first, below
 - sent the same day) I am so excited to be here that I would do backflips if I could. Guyana had been nice but I am so ready to be on an island. Here it's a mixture of paradise and hell. I can see the beautiful blue ocean every day that I wake up and every few days there is a new cruise ship that arrives and then white people come out. Germans came the other day and it had been so long since I have seen a white woman that it just felt nice. They all had boyfriends and stuff plus I am a missionary so it was all good. My last day in Guyana was alright. One guy told me to quit lying to people and then he saw we took his friend with us to teach and then he treated us respectful. I got some pictures with people there but for some reason the memory card went crazy and now it won't work  Those pictures may be lost forever but let's hope not. I was so excited to get on the plane and it was super tiny but they wouldn't let me get a picture of it. The plane had 2 propellers. Some rasta that was super high on something came up to Elder Galati and I (Elder Galati looks like Matt Damon) and he started to say the most random things. Elder Galati told the guy a story of how "A man was once riding an elephant and he had this bug gun to his side. There was this tiger walking next to them but the elephant shooed him away with his ear but really the man was just playing dominoes." The rasta just thought that was so deep. He then proceeded to pull out a bag of pot and Elder Galati said it was evil. He "Knew a guy that smoked 3 marijuanas and almost died." The rastas are funny and we try to get a quote of the week from them. They always say they overstand you which is better than understand. This branch is sweet though. It has such a nice building (My first building that isn't a house) and I hear it's the best in the Caribbean. There is a lady in the branch who has an amazing conversion story and her faith is so strong. She has like 4 kids and she made costumes for Pirates of the Caribbean and met the actors and all that. That movie was filmed here to by the way no biggie. Also a member said that he is good friends with Mila Julovich who plays Alice on the Resident Evil movies. So this week we are planning on getting Mila Julovich and Johnny Depp baptized. Not really but that would be cool. I love it here and I have been working hard. The hills get steep and my leg muscles have grown so much! I love this place so much and there will probably be tears when I have to leave. We already met some people from branch members that are super interested. I have got to be honest in saying I am in paradise now. They say St. Martin is the best but I love it here! The people are fantastic!

-Elder Brown

My new comp, Elder Galati


No comments:

Post a Comment