YOLO= you only live once (Jenni's contribution to the name of this blog) Elder Brown is only living once (for 2 years) in the beautiful West Indies, sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with the good people there.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Kereoki

Well this week has been quite a fun one! We had an awesome week of Relief Society celebration. Monday we played musical chairs for the kids and then the adults. Guess who took 3rd place? Yeah that's me. They play it dirty here too. They sit down before the music even ends. I just wish I got a trophy of some sort. One of our investigators has a pretty crazy old old mom who doesn't like us for some reason. When we stepped into the yard she yelled "POLICE POLICE!" So we went and taught on the beach. Cerdia has been talking about moving in with here daughter so that she can keep the law of chastity and not live with her boyfriend. We are hoping that happens. I made a pretty good quote for the week when someone told us they are going on a diet. I told them to always remember "Ice cream is vegetarian." This week has had the interesting things too. Dogs kept barking at me and oh boy I want a dog whistle really bad! Then we taught some random lady while she got her hair done and we were talking about how Christ established his church with Peter and then she pulls out her phone and puts on the radio. No warning or anything. She listened to the lottery numbers and said: "Oh cool I won $75." No excitement or anything. Then she tells us to go on seeming still uninterested. You always gotta teach a person like that. Then we had kereoki (or however you spell it) and I sang 3 Little Birds by Bob Marley and then afterwards we all sang One Love as a Priesthood group. It was really fun and cool! I got my transfer call and I am getting a new companion named Elder Bingham. I will have to tell more about him next week when I have him. He flies in in like 2 days from St. Lucia but he is an American. I have met him once before. Also some girl guessed my first name which I never tell anyone so it was really weird. Also some Rasta man tried to out Bible knowledge me and said David was Solomon's son. I had to tell him that it was actually the other way. Lately I have been studying Old and New Testaments and the Book of Mormon. I love this knowledge! Things have been pretty good lately. Hard but really good. I love you all and will talk to you next week!

-Elder Brown
One Love with my Priesthood brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment