YOLO= you only live once (Jenni's contribution to the name of this blog) Elder Brown is only living once (for 2 years) in the beautiful West Indies, sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with the good people there.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Crazy Stuff

Well it's my first Carnival on my mission and probably my last. I was in Guyana last year and they don't have it there so this may be my only one. I thought it would be really crazy but it hasn't changed much. Usually you stay locked in for 2 days but yesterday we went out with the Sisters in their area. Today we won't go teaching but it's P-Day anyways so we only have 1 lesson anyways. We have stayed away from downtown where all the half naked or fully naked and drunk people are. Chicken Gonya is spreading here like crazy. We have given quite a few Priesthood blessings. Chicken Gonya makes all your joints stiff and you feel pain. People recover fast after a blessing too and it makes for a good way to build faith. I was in a van this last week and some teenager was sitting next to me and spilled his cup all over his lap. Some got on me and then leaked over to my butt. It was clear so I asked him if it was water. He lied pretty good and just said yeah. I got to the church only to smell like rum. Gotta love that carnival week. We had an investigator come to church and it was nice. Overall a lot of people chose carnival over anything. We went and visited a less active with the Senior Couple and she always lets her kids run around the yard naked. One tried to give me a hug. Talk about awkward. The senior couple is so funny about it all though. They played baseball with a bottle cap. Also my friends who are good with photoshop can you do me a favor? I tell people Chris Brown is my cousin and it's really funny. I need a picture of him and I photo shopped so I can show it off. I had some dolphin curry and it was good. I've got to get out of town before the carnival people get crazy again. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment