YOLO= you only live once (Jenni's contribution to the name of this blog) Elder Brown is only living once (for 2 years) in the beautiful West Indies, sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with the good people there.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Boom Baptism!

Got tons of pictures this week so I might have to do a couple of emails for pictures. First I gotta say that we are in Georgetown for Thanksgiving today! I love Georgetown so much! Such a fast paced life. Get out of the way or you will get hit by a van. Gotta maneuver around the people. Well this week we were learning about how to have effective branch council and how to get the work rolling here. We discussed how to knit together in unity the hearts of the members (Mosiah 18:21) Also this week I held a cute little monkey and I will be darned if that monkey was not the cleanest monkey ever! They said they bathe it daily and it smelled nice. It seemed to like us. Shannon and Korwin got married and baptized. Well Shannon got baptized that is but she is such a great example that her husband wants to get baptized next month. We are going to pray about a date for it. Shannon is such a wonderful lady. Her faith is so strong! She has wanted to get baptized since before we met her. We watched the Other Side of Heaven at an activity and she thought her baptism would be like the one the girl has. It was the opposite. 2 members came and we were locked out of the church till one of the members rode his bike to get the keys from the branch president. I was so upset with the people. I could not believe that only 2 people came but Shannon was so happy! So we got into the church and got the baptism suit and rode an expensive ride to the "beach" and it was all mud. I found a small place of water and went in wearing all white. The mud went up to my knees. It was tough but she was still so happy. I could not believe it at all. She is truly converted even though everything in the world went wrong. Something also that touched my heart is that my other recent convert who is not that smart is getting so smart! The Holy Ghost really does help. I hear they get wiser after baptism. It is so true. We taught her about Temples and told her to prepare for it. She understood it so well when we taught eternal marriage and baptisms for the dead. What almost brought me to tears was after teaching her she said to us "This is a good life. I am happy with the Gospel since I changed." She is so amazing! It touched me so much to hear her say that. Well working with 2 branches is getting really hard though. We have a baptism this week in the other branch called Rosignol but I guess our baptismal candidate has not been going to church. It's hard to know since I can't be in 2 places at once. In Bushlot branch we have been told by the 2nd councilor in the mission presidency (The big guns) that we need to reactivate the Melchizedek Priesthood holders. He told us that he knows we are working hard but to work harder. I almost didn't know that was possible. From the looks of it we have a lot of success but little support. My challenge to anyone reading this is to help the Recent Converts! Help the missionaries! It's not their job alone! People here expect a lot from us but to be honest they give us absolutely nothing! You wanna see a miracle? Be the miracle! Missionaries cannot and will not do it alone. Go fellowship and work with the missionaries. I can't wait to do it when I get home. We had a Bushlot branch council and they usually get way out of hand so I ran it with an iron fist. If they got somewhere else I put them back in line. I stuck to the agenda and asked them why they didn't do their visiting teaching. (The branch is basically a few ladies with 2 Melchizedek Priesthood holders) They all made excuses and I told them that the only reason to not visit teach is if that person is dead. No other excuse will be good enough. Some of the people go to other churches is what they will tell me. I tell them that because we have no visiting teaching is why we have only 26 people at the max. I will not take excuses. Well sad news of the week I found out something that will forever change my life. Wonka discontinued Shocktarts or Shockers as some call them. I have craved it for my whole mission. If I die please tell me they are in the Celestial Kingdom. I want them so bad! Well we are still looking at baptisms to come and just working hard!












No comments:

Post a Comment