YOLO= you only live once (Jenni's contribution to the name of this blog) Elder Brown is only living once (for 2 years) in the beautiful West Indies, sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with the good people there.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I love my nieces & nephews more than anything

This past week has been a pretty good one. For those of you who know my family pretty well it has been one year since my amazing nephew Dylan has passed away. It has been a tough year for me and my family but I feel we have all grown. I have grown so much from this sad experience and I feel it has molded me into the person I am today. I have to be honest I am not sure what I thought about going on a mission. I figured I probably would go on one, but just to do it. After my nephew had passed away I wasn't sure if I could go on a mission. I love my nieces and nephews more than anything and I would give up anything I was doing just play with them. I know that I have to be a good example to them though. That is one of many reasons I am on a mission. Some scriptures that comfort me in times that make me sad would have to be in John 11. The famous scripture verse that many remember for being the shortest verse in the bible, Verse 35 "Jesus Wept". Jesus knew he would see his friend Lazarus soon after he saw him. Christ wept because he saw how sad his friends were. In John 11:35 Jesus states that he is the resurrection and that if we believe in him we will not die. Alma 40:11 gives me some of the most comfort I can feel. When our spirits leave our bodies the spirit goes straight to the God who gave us life. Alma 34:32 Tells us however that this life is a time to prepare to meet God. I am trying my hardest to live a life that will make my God proud. I know that I will see my nephew again and it will be amazing.

For this past week I have had a pretty good time. Some little girl saw me and saw how pink I was and called me "pink face". This past week I have gotten a bit sick too so that sucked. I thought it was a worm then the flu and then I found out I have been really dehydrated. DRINK WATER EVERYONE! My companion kicked two dogs that were small but wanted to eat him it seemed. Dogs at home love me but they hate missionaries. I did hold a cute dog this past week though. And I got the world's most comfortable hammock! I love reading my scriptures in it! I heard the youth's theme and a song they have this year and it sounds so good! EFY and all those youth programs have such good songs! I have to be honest I feel that I haven't had too many awesome stories about being guided by the spirit to someone who needs the gospel but this week I felt prompted to go down this path in a village to a house I had never seen. These people seemed like they really wanted the gospel and it felt amazing sharing it! I am glad I was able to just receive a prompting like that. Also this lady Sister Simmons said I could play video games with her son (She is a member) but I said we can't because of rules. She made a quote I will never forget "Christ went to the wedding!"
Well not much left to say but I gotta go! This computer was super slow so it took forever to send this stuff.
Till Next Week!
-Elder Brown




I took this picture myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment